Monday, January 2, 2012

Hotblood, House of Slide (Book 1), by Juliann Whicker

My first book of the New Year! And what a great book to start with. This is a book I got from my Goodreads (goodreads.com) group, Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Fanatics! I am very lucky to be able to receive books from the group to read and review.

Title: Hotblood, House of Slide (Book 1)
Author: Juliann Whicker
Amazon link for Hotblood
My Rating: 5 out of 5

Story: Dariana and Lewis are one the the bloods. What are bloods you ask? Special people that have different types of abilities based on their particular blood. There are Cools, Hotbloods, Wilds, and Hollows. These groups were all created by the Nether. Some of the bloods are closer to their creators, but most are fairly ordinary for themselves anyways.

What do you do, when you find out horrible things about some one you loved? Then some more horrible things about yourself? Welcome to Dariana's world. She awakens to find herself very different from what she remembers being. Forced to come to terms with her new self, her memories, her dreams, and her sense of loss she works on finding out who the new her really is. She dreams of death. She also dreams of a boy, with warm eyes. Will she sort out everything in time to save herself and everyone else?

My Opinion: I loved this book. The beginning is very bumpy, and more than a little confusing. I think the confusion works well for the most part, because we are looking at the world through Dari's eyes and she really is at a loss sometimes. The strength of spirit within Dari really pushes this story along, and her interactions with Lewis, Snowy and the rest are all ways of her trying to find out who she is now. I whole-heartily recommend this book. I eagerly await the next installment. Bring on the Bloods!

That's all for now. I hope you enjoy my review. Remember....get comfy, get cozy, and always have a good book nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment